The Embassy of Italy and the Consulates in Johannesburg and Cape Town wish to inform the Italian citizens that two special flight are being organized for repatriation from South Africa to Italy:
– Thursday 28th May, from Johannesburg (JNB) to Rome Fiumicino (FCO)
– Saturday 30th May, from Cape Town (CPT) to Rome Fiumicino (FCO)
Such flights will be arranged by Premium Charter Company and operated by Alba Star. It will make a technical stopover in Malabo (passengers will not be required to leave the aircraft). The special flight will cost around 1,350 euro per passenger (provided that the maximum passenger capacity allowed by the Italian norms on passenger distancing is met).
Special flights are directed to Italian nationals having the urgent need to return to Italy. It is recommended to carefully read the guidelines published on the website of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
Those being repatriated to Italy will have to observe a home quarantine of 14 days from the moment of arrival.
The Italian citizens interested in booking a seat on the special flights must inform us by Sunday 17 May at 20h00, contacting:
– The Embassy of Italy in Pretoria: firstname.lastname@example.org +27 82 781 5972
(for those who are in Pretoria)
– The Consulate General of Italy in Johannesburg: email@example.com +27 82 854 4725
(for those who are in Johannesburg and in the following provinces: Gauteng (excluding Pretoria), Free State, Kwa-Zulu Natal, Limpopo, Mpumalanga e North West)
– The Consulate of Italy in Cape Town: firstname.lastname@example.org +27 83 398 3010
(for those who are in Cape Town and in the following provinces: Western Cape, Eastern Cape e Northern Cape)
Those interested will also be required to fill the online form, in case they have not done it yet already.
Please make us aware of any case of special urgency or requiring specific attention.