· The Embassy of Italy in Pretoria wishes to inform the South African public that the information included in articles published by BusinessTech and Property24 with regard to a “special programme to obtain Italian residency and passport” are false. It’s a scam! One cannot get residency and passport that way, and to get it one does not need to spend as much as it is reported. One just needs to comply with requirements established by the Italian law.
· There is no “new programme” to get the Italian Residency and passport, nor a programme offered specifically to South African citizens. For several years now, Italy has been offering two special visa:
˗ Investor visa (for foreigners who choose to invest in strategic assets for Italy’s economy and society);
˗ Elective residence visa (for foreigners who have chosen Italy as the country of permanent residence, buying or renting a property there, and who are able to support themselves autonomously, without having to rely on employment while in Italy).
· For a foreign citizen who establishes his/her residency in Italy, however, acquiring the Italian citizenship and passport takes much longer than 1 year! One must reside in Italy for at least 10 years to qualify (4 for citizens of another EU country). There is no shortcut.
· The Italian Government does not cooperate with Arkadia nor with a financial advice group with regard to its visa and residence permit policy. No partnership exists in South Africa between the Italian authorities and Chas Everitt. No programme is centered on Umbria, which is merely the region were the company Arkadia – falsely claiming to cooperate with the Italian authorities – is based.
· There is no need of intermediary, nor is it authorised to use one. The Embassy of Italy in Pretoria, the Consulate-General of Italy in Johannesburg and the Consulate in Cape Town and the sole authorized visa outsourcer VFS Global only accept visa applications presented directly by the applicants. The only fee to be paid to apply is the “type D” visa fee of 120 euro (plus a tiny commission if VFS is used). Once one has obtained this visa, establishing his or her residence in Italy and obtaining the residence permit is extremely straightforward and needs no intermediation either.
For any enquiries, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, for the Consulate-General of Italy in Johannesburg: email@example.com
Or, for the Consulate of Italy in Cape Town: firstname.lastname@example.org